Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Overheard

Ella, Virginia, and Jude were playing with legos when the following conversation transpired:

Jude: Ginia is so pretty.

... pause for a few seconds ...

Ella:  Am I pretty too?

Jude:  Um ... you need more long hairs.

Ella burst out laughing at his answer.  Thank God.  I wasn't sure how she was going to take it.  She's kind of sensitive about having shorter hair than her sister (even though she is the one who opted to chop her locks).  Everything is a competition with these girls.  Everything!

4 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Brothers are always funny! If Virginia had said it, on the other hand...

Betsy said...

I've really been enjoying your blog lately with so many postings. I miss you! Your family cracks me up and is infinitely more amusing than my own:)

Cathleen said...

Dwija, you're right! If Virginia had said it, we would have had an all out war. It's almost impossible to get upset with Jude though. He's just so charming, even when he's insulting you.

Betsy, I miss you too! Daniel and I were just talking about how we need to make it a point to see you guys. It has been almost two years! Prepare yourself--Pedernales Falls for my birthday again this year. Want to meet us there?

Betsy said...

Cathleen- Just remembered to come back and read your response- I have marked it on the calendar! BTW, I'm sure there won't be any water in the Pedernales:(

Blog Archive