Friday, July 29, 2011

I discovered a long white hair on my head.  It's pure white and really long, which means that it has been around for awhile.  Strange that I never noticed it.  As I was preparing breakfast this morning, I casually mentioned that hair to my kids.  Both of my girls began to cry.  Apparently, now that I have a white hair, I am really old; this gives my children cause to mourn.  Ella wrapped herself around my waist and cried "You can't get old.  I want to stay a kid forever.  I want you to stay young.  Waaaaaah."   Virginia sat in the den and cried to herself, sniffling every now and then.  Jude carried on with his superhero game, completely unfazed by his sisters.

Everyone finally calmed down, and Ella declared that there was no way she was going to wait until she was old to have kids.  No sirree.  She's going to have her babies when she's twenty-two.  Hmm ... only time will tell.

2 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

They are so delectable, your girls. Totally charming :)

Cassie said...

Don't you love that you had a boy, girls are great and all, but...

Blog Archive