Monday, October 14, 2013

Ella:  Mom, do you remember that verse in the Bible where it says "Amen I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."

Me:  Yes.

Ella:  Well, I've got faith.  So, I went to the backyard and I looked at that pile of dirt I made, and I told it to move.  But it didn't.  It just sat there.  I guess I know why nothing happened.  The Bible also tells us that we shouldn't put the Lord to the test, and I was putting Him to the test.  It figures the dirt wouldn't move.

I love this.  This is the faith that we are all called to have.  I wish that my faith were always so pure.  If I told the dirt to move and it didn't, I would assume it was because my words can't make objects move.  That thought never even crossed Ella's mind.  She believes, and she trusts completely in God's word.  I want to be more like her.

No comments:

Blog Archive