Friday, August 26, 2011

A Little Inspiration for Family and Friends

Excerpted from "Christ the Friend" section in The Better Part 
"from Jesus: My child, I only want one thing. I only want you to flourish, to become the saint I created you to be. Your life is like the vineyard, and the fruit I ask from you
is the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The more you seek and follow my will for you, the more
abundant your harvest will be, and the more fulfilled and fulfilling your life will become. The leaders of Jerusalem who resisted my grace were afraid of losing the passing things
of this world that they had spent so much time and energy aquiring: wealth, position, reputation, power. But those fruits are bitter unless they are seasoned with the fruits
of the Spirit."

No comments:

Blog Archive